Liposuction and liposculpture – Differences
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is often referred to as “lipo.” It is a cosmetic surgery that is designed to slim and reshaped specific areas of the body by reducing and removing excess fat deposits. A skilled cosmetic surgeon can improve a patient’s body contours and proportions through liposuction. Liposuction techniques are often used on: thighs, hips, buttock, abdomen, upper arms, and lower legs.
What Is Liposculpture?
While in the same “cosmetic family” as liposuction, liposculpture is a more advanced cosmetic surgery. Liposculpture is designed to perform more excessive body contouring through the removal and reshaping of fat deposits. It is used to enhance the definition of muscles and remove fat from problem areas, such as the stomach, neck, and chin.
How Are Liposuction And Liposculpture Different?
Liposuction and liposculpture vary in a few unique ways; however, both treatment options offer a variety of benefits to patients. Benefits include: reduced healing time, less invasive cosmetic procedures, precise cell targeting, and reduced levels of body fat. The various differences between the two cosmetic procedures, include the following:
– Liposculpture uses a local anesthetic to help keep potential bleeding and swelling to a minimum.
– Liposuction typically removes more fat than liposculpture; however, liposculpture typically reshapes larger amounts of fat.
– Liposculpture is typically used to achieve impactful body sculpting results; in this way, liposculpture provides precise results.
– Liposuction is typically used on patients with larger amounts of excess fat.
– Liposculpture is not typically used for large weight loss results.
Call us at Perfection Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery in Cancun at +52 (998) 898 3131 or sign up on the contact form and one of our medical coordinators will contact you to give you all the information about this treatment.